Specialist Expertise in Central West NSW
Outscape offers the experience and landscape expertise your project needs, exceptional professionalism and the highest industry qualifications. Outscape will identify and reinforce the unique character of each project's location that has been created by its community and history while incorporating innovative design that is sensitive to the landscape's function. It is this uniqueness of design that can lead to future tourism opportunities for the regions and their towns. Services within Central West NSW include:
- Development Application (DA) and Construction Certificate (CC) plans for Council approval
- Master plans, planting plans, hardworks plans and details
- Heritage reports
- Site and tree assesments along with Horticultural advice
- Community consultation
- Contract Administration
Government Authorities Outscape has worked with since 1992 include Bourke, Narromine, Dubbo, Wellington, Cabonne, Coolamon, Cowra, Blayney, Orange, Bathurst, and Rylestone/Kandos Shire Council’s, as well as Public Works and NSW Housing.
Master Plans or Development Application (D.A.) Plans
The first design stage is landscape analysis (or environmental inventory) of soil, slope, aspect, drainage, vegetation mapping, identifying aesthetic qualities and identifying opportunities and constraints.Followed by a Master Plan or the D.A. stage which shows the design, to presentation level, with descriptive notes and suggested plant species to client and council requirements using CAD.
Documentation Plans or the Construction Certificate (C.C.) Plans
Once the Master Plan is approved we can provide working drawings which meet council requirements for the C.C. stage. Documentation outlines site set out, planting layout, plant schedules using CAD and includes a written specification with standard or tailored construction details.
Where a sustainable ecosystem is to be established, Outscape can choose plant species that are indigenous to the site or locality and has had experience with suitable planting of rain gardens, dealing with onsite water that requires filtration before being discharged into the landscape or stormwater.
Outscape can provide:
- Heritage Landscape Reports, which meet NSW Heritage requirements
- Tree Assessments, and subsequent reports when existing trees may be affected by a proposed development, to assist when determining design around existing vegetation
Selected Projects in Central West NSW Include:
- Bathurst Court House, Landscape Heritage Report, D.A Plans, C.C. Plans and Contract Administation
- Care Western Lodge, Orange, Landscape Heritage Report, D.A. Plans, C.C. Plans and Contact Administration
- Ronald McDonald House, Orange, Ladnscape Heritage Report, D.A. Plans and C.C. Plans
Outscape works on broad heritage issues regarding commercial landscaping and town fabric, being aware of the distinct individuality and uniqueness of Australia’s heritage. We can facilitate your community group project, which may involve main street refurbishment, institutional work (for example, schools, hospitals, etc) or projects with beautification committees.
Outscape can research and prepare plans to recreate or restore a period or style to historic parks and gardens for private and public clients.
Selected Projects include:
- Wellington Entries and Percy Street Refurbishment, Master Plan and Documentation
- Ardlethan Entries and Main Street Park, Master Plan
- Moulder Park, Orange, Master Plan and Documentation - Award Winning
- Street Tree Master Plans and Reports for Eight Cabonne Shire Towns
- Yarrawonga Estate, Dubbo, Master Plan and Documentation
- All Saints College, Bathurst, Master Plan
- Tara, School for Girls, North Parramatta, Master Plan and Documentation and limited Contract Administation
As an Architect, I have worked with Catriona Glanville over the past 20 years, to provide Landscape Designs on many private homes and commercial architectural projects throughout western NSW. I have found that Catriona listens carefully and responds diligently to the brief of the client and myself and creates beautiful robust gardens which thrive in the climatic conditions of the site and create a unique sense of place for each building in its unique landscape setting.
- McGregor Projects (Milthorpe , NSW)
Our relationship with Outscape goes back along way. As a member of the School Council at Forbes and later as Chair of the Development Committee at All Saint's College, Wendy recommended Catriona to both institutions where her advice and planning were both sought and implemented to great effect.
- Kim and Wendy Muffet, Girragirra Retreat (Forbes, NSW)
I am writing to thank you most sincerely for your interest in our centre which shows in the plan you did for us. We are absolutely delighted, everything we talked about has been included and the prospect of developing in this manner is extremely exciting.
-Ray Leslie, Towri Aboriginal Corporation (Bathurst, NSW)